Do more than belong: participate.
Do more than care: help.
Do more than believe: practice.
Do more than be fair: be kind.
Do more than forgive: forget.
Do more than dream: work.
~William Arthur Ward~
Measures of Love. So many measures of love from JOLTer’s all over this big beautiful planet of ours. Here’s just a few:
- Mary from British Columbia decided that she was going to volunteer at a battered women’s shelter twice a month. She’s been thinking about it for a while now, but decided to finally take the leap and do it in honor of her mother, who was a battered woman.
- Cora decided to clean out her closets and donate all the excess she takes for granted to people who need it. She wanted to do this in honor of her friend, who was the most giving person.
- Tom baked cookies….not the best cookies as he explained, but cookies just the same. And brought them to his neighbor, who doesn’t smile too much. He did it to honor his neighbor’s wife, who passed away eight months ago.
- Emma wrote a letter to her Mom, telling her how much she loved her, and appreciated her strength.
- Ryan donated money for cancer research, in memory of his sister.
- Desiree and her best friend delivered Christmas dinners to those who needed it.
- Annette created this beautiful video in memory of her daughter, in the hopes of bringing peace to others who may also be hurting.
And that is just a sample of the kindness that is rippling around in the last hours of 2011. What a great way to start a new year. Don’t forget, you can always pass along your own measure of love…